What are you doing to celebrate Cinco De Mayo? Twisted Taco is Atlanta’s #1 destination for Tex Mex food, drinks, and festivities this May. At locations across the Metro Atlanta area, our team will be serving up cold drinks, fresh guacamole, and sizzling tacos to thousands of customers. Since 2002, our team has hosted the biggest Cinco De Mayo celebrations in the Metro Atlanta area. This year, our team is ramping up its plans with live music bookings and limited time drink specials.
Choosing Your Cinco De Mayo Hangout Spot
Should you go to Twisted Taco this year? If you’re looking for an exciting place to enjoy great food and award-winning margaritas, Twisted Taco is the destination for you. Here’s why:
- Cinco De Mayo Drink Specials: What better way to celebrate Cinco De Mayo than sharing a margarita with friends? Stop by your local Twisted Taco location for limited time drink specials on beer, margaritas, and other mixed beverages.
- More than 20 Specialty Tacos: At Twisted Taco, we’re experts in culinary fusion. Our chefs have created more than twenty unique tacos inspired by flavors from around the world. Enjoy Southern food? Try our Southern BBQ Fried Chicken Taco. Want to spice up your Cinco De Mayo? Try out Los Cabos taco with beer-battered fish, jalapeños and fresh lime.
- Family-Friendly Atmosphere: Our Cinco De Mayo celebrations are designed with families in mind. We understand that you want a relaxing place to kick back and enjoy the evening, so our entire day is meant to be family-friendly. Grab a table with your kids or hang out at the bar to mix and mingle – at Twisted Taco, we want to offer a fun environment for everyone.
- Live Music & Outdoor Seating: Three of our Metro Atlanta locations have rooftop patios to sit outside and enjoy the weather. Order a fresh drink, listen to live music and enjoy the views of Metro Atlanta. Our full-service patios have outdoor bars with a huge selection of draft beer, appetizers, and comfortable seating.
- All-Day Festivities: This Cinco De Mayo, our doors open at 11am ready to party. Our specials and festivities last the entire day Friday and Saturday, so you’re sure to have a great time whether you stop by during lunch or after work.
The History of Cinco De Mayo (in Atlanta)
Contrary to popular belief, Cinco De Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day, but rather a holiday that celebrates the victory of Mexican General Ignacio Zaragoza over the French army in 1862. Falling on May 5th every year, Cinco De Mayo has come to represent Mexican-American traditions in the United States. From Southern Texas to the suburbs of Atlanta, families and friends often use this holiday as an opportunity to eat their favorite Mexican food and relax during at the start of the summer.
In the Atlanta area, Cinco De Mayo has grown in popularity since the early 1990’s. Atlanta’s population has steadily grown in the past three decades, and with it, the city has become a cosmopolitan hub for multicultural cuisine and tradition. Because of Atlanta’s rich cultural atmosphere, chefs around town are finding ways to incorporate the city’s Southern roots with exciting Latino flavors, inventing recipes and drinks that are truly unique to the city.
Safe Transportation in Atlanta
Like any holiday, drivers need to be extremely careful on the roads this Cinco De Mayo. Because the holiday lands on a Friday this year, patrons around the city can kickstart their weekend early with a fun Cinco De Mayo celebration. With that in mind, Atlanta drivers should be extremely cautious about driving. Emergency responders around the city often see a spike in auto accidents after holidays like Cinco De Mayo, so our team recommends teaming up with friends and family for a designated driver or using a ride sharing service to get home safely.